Sunday, July 6, 2008

To walk, or not to walk... that is the question

So recently I bought a couple of games from gamestop and have been trying to beat them. Between the Devil May Cry series, Hitman series, Lost Odyssey, Resistance, and a few others, I don't have the time like I used to anymore. Of course I am upset but when you enter the real world you realize you have more important things to do than kill bamas on Halo 3 and COD4.

Looking at my now growing mass of video games on my entertainment center and with a Nintendo Wii coming in, I can't dedicate the time to explore the beauty of games completely in depth as I would like. This brought me to the toughest question of my gaming career, "Should I use a walkthrough or tough the game out and explore all its intrcacies?" So I made a list.

Advantage:
1) a walkthrough will save me time (what is important in the level what is not)
2) a walkthrough will tell me where all the hidden items are
3) a walkthrough is free online (ign, gamefaqs)
4) I have to read (which I don't have time to do during the day) and
5) a walkthrough lets me get through games in 2 days as opposed to 2 weeks

Disadvantage:
1) I have someone telling me what to do and when (which makes the game lose its element of surprise)
2) I lose any credibility as a real gamer and
3) I have to look back and forth between the laptop and tv

I decided I would rather lose my title as a real gamer and run through as many games as possible so I could later critique them and caompare them with newer games. For example comparing the Devil May Cry series, Lost Odyssey to any other rpg etc.

Please share your thoughts and ideas on this... bama.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Bro walk on man walk on. I totally agree, I'd much rather go through more games faster. But you don't have to use it the whole time, just have it near by in case you get stuck for a minute or two.